A plugin like WooCommerce will bring heaviness to your code, and it will make it harder for your to upgrade and add features in the future. Plugins also require to be integrated into your WordPress to work. You’ll need web development knowledge or hire someone else to do it for you.
I’m working at Snipcart, so I’m biased toward or solution. Still, any solution offering lightweights integration, flexibility, and customizability will be a better option (Foxy.io, Craft Commerce, to name a few others).
There are several benefits to using WordPress to build an eCommerce website. Some of the main benefits include:
- Flexibility: WordPress is a highly customizable platform, with a wide range of themes and plugins available to help you create a unique and functional e-commerce website.
- SEO friendly: WordPress is built on a solid SEO foundation, and there are many SEO plugins available that can help to improve your website’s visibility in search engine results.
- Security: WordPress is a well-maintained platform with a large community of developers constantly working to improve security. Additionally, there are many security plugins available to help secure your website.
- Easy to use: WordPress is user-friendly, even for those without a lot of technical expertise. It has a simple, intuitive interface, making it easy to manage products, categories, and orders.
- Large community and support: WordPress has a large community of developers and users who provide support and share tips, tutorials, and resources to help you improve your website.
There are many eCommerce plugins available for WordPress, some popular options include:
- WooCommerce: A free and open-source plugin, it offers a variety of features and extensions for building and managing an e-commerce website.
- Easy Digital Downloads: A plugin for selling digital products, it offers features like automatic updates, licensing, and more.
- Shopify: A plugin that allows you to easily create an eCommerce store with Shopify and embed it into your WordPress site.
- WPForms: A plugin that allows you to create custom forms on your website, and can be used to create forms for things like contact pages, order forms, and more.
- Yoast SEO: A plugin that can help you optimize your website for search engines and improve your visibility in search results.
- Importify: This is another popular plugin that can be used for building an eCommerce website on WordPress. Importify is a powerful tool that allows you to import products from various marketplaces like AliExpress, Amazon, and others directly to your WooCommerce store. This plugin can save you a lot of time and effort by automating the product import process and reducing the need to manually enter product information. It also has many features such as price tracking, product editing, and order fulfillment, that could help you to increase your conversion rate and sales. However, it’s important to note that Importify is not a free plugin and it requires a subscription to use its features.
An e-commerce plugin for WordPress is called WooCommerce. With a fair amount of flexibility and some essential features like inventory and tax administration, secure payments, and shipping integration, it makes setting up and running an online business straightforward.
Top Benefits of Using WooCommerce
- It is Open Source
- Achieve Any Kind of Custom Functionality
- Easy & Effective Design Options
- It’s Easy to Use for Non-Tech Entrepreneurs
- Sell Any Type of Products
- Integration Capabilities
- It’s SEO Friendly
- Analytics Power
- Security Matters
- Content Marketing Benefits
- Best Support from the Community
There are multiple WooCommerce development companies that can develop custom WooCommerce plugins as well as they will set their own premade plugins into your WooCommerce website according to the requirement.